As temperatures rise and family and friends come together to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday, grilling outdoors can provide the perfect combination of playing host and feeding the family, all while still enjoying the warm summer air here in Northwest Texas. As any good griller knows, though, using a propane gas grill is not a task for any amateur cook, and should not be taken lightly. In the excitement of it all, it is still crucial to remember that safety comes first. With the help of these safety guidelines from your North Texas propane company, you can ensure that you and your loved ones enjoy a fun, safe holiday to remember.
- It may seem obvious, but propane tanks should always be kept outdoors, in fresh, open air, and always in an upright position. Make sure to keep your grill within a safe distance from the exterior wall of your home and never near any bushes, shrubbery, or flammable materials.
- Before lighting your tank, it is always key to do a quick spot-check, searching for leaks or any physical abnormalities you may notice on the tank itself.
- Never make any modifications or alterations to the tank yourself. Our helpful team of tank installation and maintenance professionals will be more than happy to assist you in any of your propane needs. It’s what we’re here for!
- Refrain from smoking near your residential propane tank, and never use matches or lighters to check for leaks. In the case of fire, contact your local fire department immediately.
- Do not store your propane tank in any enclosed space, such as your car or truck, as this will expose it to high temperatures.
- If it is your first time grilling this summer, and your tank is feeling less than full, you might be in need of a cylinder exchange.
When it comes to propane grilling, use these simple safety tips before throwing on the first burger or hot dog. For any additional questions or comments, feel free to contact our Dallas propane experts today or schedule propane service online.
Northwest Propane of North Texas realizes some people are unaware of the advantages to using residential propane products. With the crazy weather in Texas, sometimes it’s difficult to hold out for the perfect weather conditions for swimming. If it’s a chillier day out, and you want to go swimming, a cheap efficient fix would be to use propane to heat the pool. It is also a great idea for summer night pool parties to heat your hot tub with propane. It is simple and more cost-efficient than paying high electrical bills.
Also, consider using it for your summer barbeques. It is a quicker and more efficient way to hang out by the pool side and serve hot dogs and burgers to your guests while enjoying sunny North Texas afternoons. However, it’s not only for outdoor cooking. Indoor cooking with propane is actually a great way to save time and money. Sometimes it can be a long wait for a normal oven to heat up. A propane oven is instant and actually cooks the food more evenly allowing for a better tasting meal. It is also safer for a house with children because the propane burners cool off rather quickly.
Another frustrating occurrence around this time of year is the many severe thunderstorms that rip through the Dallas-Fort Worth area. More often than not power outages are cause by lightning strikes, high winds, or cars hitting electrical poles in the treacherous road conditions. It is scary when the fridge and freezer stay out for extended periods causing sometimes expensive food to go bad. It is also difficult to complete simple tasks, especially those requiring a computer or light. In these situations it is good to have some sort of back up propane generator. We deliver in any weather when you need propane, usually within 24 hours. We at Northwest Propane provide the quickest and most customer friendly experience in the area for all your propane needs.
800-274-6121 Toll Free
Our Aubrey TX propane gas and Pilot Point TX propane gas experts at Northwest Propane Gas Company are teaming up with radio station 99.5 The Wolf for a special promotional event on Saturday, May 14, at the Pilot Point TX propane store, located at 8620 U.S. Hwy 377.
During the hours of 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Saturday, Northwest Propane will host an event to showcase all of our outdoor kitchen and entertainment equipment, including our grills, outdoor refrigerators, ice makers, built-in bars, outdoor gas fire pits and more. The event will feature several items on sale, and it also will feature drawings for grills, smokers, fryers and grilling tools also will occur during the hours.
Free hot dogs and grilling demonstrations will take place throughout the day. In addition, 99.5 The Wolf will broadcast live from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. and will give away tickets to Wolf Dance Summer Concert.
Our Aubrey TX gas representatives at Northwest Propane are committed to providing superior service for all our customers by meeting their propane needs, ensuring satisfaction and exceeding expectations. Contact us today for more information on the Saturday propane promotional event. Call our Pilot Point TX propane company today, or visit us online for details.
If you’re a fan of the TV cartoon King of the Hill, you know it’s a running joke that Hank Hill, who sells propane and propane accessories for a living, absolutely despises the use of charcoal grills. One of Hill’s favorite’s sayings is “Taste the meat, not the heat.”
As we all prepare for the spring and firing up our barbecue pits, our Dallas TX propane gas experts at Northwest Propane are hoping you are choosing propane grills over charcoal grills. From an operational standpoint, both have their advantages, but when it comes to cleanliness, propane’s odorless, colorless gas is a favorite compared to charcoal briquettes and ash that can be extremely messy and more difficult to clean after cooking.
From a taste perspective, charcoal tends to add a distinct smoky flavor, whereas propane offers more of a natural taste. Propane grills, in addition, are faster cookers, which gives them an edge in the convenience category.
Hank Hill doesn’t work for us, but we definitely endorse propane grills over charcoal grills as he would. Let our Dallas TX propane gas experts assist you with more comparisons and contrasts between propane grills and charcoal grills. For additional information, call our Dallas propane dealers today, or visit us online.
As we inch closer and closer to the holidays, some of you are receiving holiday gifts that are putting huge smiles on your faces. With the price of barbecue grills going down, there are a few of you out there preparing to use a brand new propane gas grill.
You would think that some things are pretty elementary, but if you’re a first-time propane grill owner, you may want to remember some these five safety tips. This isn’t an attempt to insult your intelligence; consider it a refresher course of some of the things you may already dub as “common sense.”
- Keep all propane tanks outdoors. Make sure that they are upright and away from flammable objects.
- Do not smoke around a tank. If you don’t smoke, never use a lighter or a match around a tank.
- Check your grill for leaks or anything that looks suspect before lighting it.
- If transporting tanks from Point A to Point B, do not leave a tank inside a car or truck.
- Have your tank filled by professionals. Do not fill the tank yourself.