Northwest Propane understands that you might be wondering just how safe propane is for the environment, which is why we’re here to educate you on the subject. Should you ever have any questions or concerns about Dallas propane, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
The Truth About Propane
You might be surprised to learn that the gas is not only eco-friendly and clean, but actually exceeds the basic requirements for clean fuel when in an unused state. The gas is also non-caustic and non-toxic. You don’t have to worry about it acting as a hazard to the environment if it is ever used in liquid or vapor form in soil or water. This particular gas can be spilled in a large quantity and the only damage that it will cause is freezing any type of plant life or organism that’s in the immediate area. Should the chemical ever spill, there are no extensive effects to worry about, and that’s true even for especially large spills.
One danger of propane to take note of is that there is a chance that it can ignite in vapor form after a spill occurs. Thankfully, there are no long-term environmental effects to worry about if the gas were to ever catch fire.
Additional facts concerning this fuel include:
- It isn’t considered to be a greenhouse gas
- It doesn’t pose a danger to the ecosystems of saltwater, freshwater or underwater marine or plant life
- It will not contaminate drinking water supplies
- The vapor form will not lead to air pollution, nor is it considered a form of air pollution
- It is not harmful if breathed in by humans, birds or animals
For more information about commercial or residential gas or any of our other services, contact Northwest Propane at 800-274-6121 today.