Posts Tagged ‘tank installation’
Warmer temperatures bring a yearning to pull out the barbecue grill and cook up a hefty batch of barbecue ribs, chicken or hamburgers. If you own a gas barbecue, that means checking for a low propane tank as well as deciding what to grill. At Northwest Propane Gas Company, we offer an easy way to fill your propane gas tank for summer entertaining, outdoor parties or a leisurely weekend.
Refilling your old propane tank is not your only option. Exchange programs can be a safer, wiser choice. Many people do not know that propane tanks go out of date and need to be replaced or recertified for safety before they can be refilled. While purchasing a new residential propane tank can avoid that hassle, taking advantage of exchange options can easily save you time as well as money.
Using a Dallas propane tank exchange such as Northwest Propane Gas Company eliminates having to wait around for a trained employee to fill your tank. For those with busy lifestyles, that can interfere with tight schedules. Plus it’s easier because all you have to do is substitute your empty propane tank for a new one. You do not have to wait around for someone qualified to refill your tank. In addition, replacements offer peace of mind because each tank is filled with high-quality propane and certified for safety. Instead of worrying whether last years’ tank is leaky, you can place your confidence and grilling safety in the hands of a professional.
By using our highly recommended service, you can also avoid the hassle involved in disposing of your old cylinders properly. Unless the tank is completely empty, propane containers must be delivered to a hazardous waste facility. By using our program, you can bypass that step. Northwest Propane Gas Company is committed to bringing its customers the best propane gas tank exchange program in Texas. It’s easy to get started. Simply call us at 1-800-274-6121.
The big game is this weekend and there is sure to be gatherings across the nation to enjoy the game and have fun. But what is fun and the big game without grilling hot dogs, hamburgers, or steaks on the propane grill? Gathering on the porch in the warmer North Texas climate to grill your favorite food before kick-off should be done with safe grilling tips from your Dallas propane dealer, Northwest Propane.
The Propane Education & Research Counsel suggests a few tips for making outdoor meal preparation as easy as 1-2-3. Modeling safe grilling tips for your children and friends during your big game party will help make the meal and gathering a success.
These simple grilling safety tips can help make your outdoor meal preparation a success:
- Help choose the recipe.
- Help pick the ingredients while grocery shopping.
- Suggest appetizers and side dishes to accompany the grilled meal.
- Measure the ingredients used in the recipe.
- Create or stir marinades.
- Create or mix rubs.
- Get the ingredients from the pantry or the refrigerator.
- Wash the ingredients.
- Help carry the ingredients to the grill.
- Assemble the grilling accessories that will be used while grilling.
- Set the table.
- Hold the plate while grilled items are taken off the grill.
- Make sure parents follow safe grilling practices.
- Brush the marinade on grilled items.
- Help assemble the food (put toppings on burgers, for instance).
- Put garnishes on finished grilled food.
- Make sure parents turn off the burners when finished grilling.
- Clear the table.
- Clean the food preparation area.
Your Dallas TX propane experts want to remind you, safety first, when using propane grills and products. For more information on propane and propane dealers in the Dallas TX area, call 972-247-6121 or visit Northwest Propane online.
Your Dallas TX propane experts at Northwest Propane know having reliable and energy efficient heating in your home during the winter months is important. Comfortable and efficient propane heating system technology is the answer.
A recent Propane Education & Research Council article talks about heating your home with propane:
Propane-fueled heating systems enable builders to offer the ultimate in heating comfort and energy efficiency, while remaining environmentally responsible.
Forced-air central furnaces fueled by propane, on average, provide warmer air than electric heat pumps–up to 25 degrees warmer. Propane furnaces have operating lives of 15-20 years, 5-10 years longer than electric heat pumps. And propane is reliable, ensuring that your home and your family stay warm and comfort even during electrical power outages.
The benefits of propane to homeowners are obvious, but many propane home heating systems have features that make them the smart choice for builders, too.
Propane furnaces, even ultra-high efficiency models, have low-profile designs, so they can fit into tight spaces with height restrictions or narrow side clearances – even a closet. Many models can be installed and vented in a variety of ways, and some are even certified for zero clearance on side and back, to sit flush against walls.
Most of today’s propane furnaces are equipped with electronic ignitions that activate the burners only when gas is needed. This enhances safety, and efficiency, by eliminating the need for standing pilot lights.
In addition to conserving energy with electronic ignition, propane gas furnaces are available with vent dampers. These “flapper” devices installed in the flue close when the heat demand has been met, trapping residual heat for circulation in the home.
One exciting technology in propane heating systems is a combo-heater that uses water heaters to provide space heating. Basically, the water heater operates conventionally until heat is needed. Hot water then circulates through a water-to-air heat exchanger coil in the air handler of the furnace, and warm air is distributed throughout the house by ducts.
These units can achieve up to 90 percent efficiencies for both water and central heating. Over one million of these systems have been installed in the United States since 1974.
Combo-heaters are very well suited for both new and existing construction projects:
- Units are direct vented and require no chimney.
- They have completely sealed combustion chambers. This is not only a safety feature, but also allows them to be installed virtually anywhere in the home.
- The life of the water heater is significantly lengthened because increased circulation of water reduces sediment build-up.
Your Dallas propane heating professionals can help you with all your propane needs. Call 972-247-6121 or contact Northwest Propane online.
Whether firing up the grill or warming up a shower, propane can serve a variety of purposes in your home. As an essential source of energy for your home, it is important that you make sure you never run low, leaving you and your family left in the cold – literally. But continually checking and monitoring your propane levels can be a tedious process, one that no one has time for in today’s increasingly busy schedules. Luckily, our Dallas TX propane experts at Northwest Propane offer the Auto Fill/Never Out program, meaning you will never have to worry about running low on this household necessity.
The Auto Fill/Never Out program from Northwest Propane allows you to leave the worry about refueling to us. With our year-round refueling service, you will never have to worry about running low on propane when you need it most. Your tank will be automatically filled whenever you are running low, allowing you to go about your daily routine without worry. Your propane will be constantly monitored and in the best hands possible with our propane professionals, saving you from thinking about it.
At Northwest Propane, our goal is to meet your propane needs, ensure your satisfaction, and exceed your expectations. For additional information, or to sign up for our Auto Fill/Never Out program, give us a call at (972) 247-6121 or contact us online.
As temperatures rise and family and friends come together to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday, grilling outdoors can provide the perfect combination of playing host and feeding the family, all while still enjoying the warm summer air here in Northwest Texas. As any good griller knows, though, using a propane gas grill is not a task for any amateur cook, and should not be taken lightly. In the excitement of it all, it is still crucial to remember that safety comes first. With the help of these safety guidelines from your North Texas propane company, you can ensure that you and your loved ones enjoy a fun, safe holiday to remember.
- It may seem obvious, but propane tanks should always be kept outdoors, in fresh, open air, and always in an upright position. Make sure to keep your grill within a safe distance from the exterior wall of your home and never near any bushes, shrubbery, or flammable materials.
- Before lighting your tank, it is always key to do a quick spot-check, searching for leaks or any physical abnormalities you may notice on the tank itself.
- Never make any modifications or alterations to the tank yourself. Our helpful team of tank installation and maintenance professionals will be more than happy to assist you in any of your propane needs. It’s what we’re here for!
- Refrain from smoking near your residential propane tank, and never use matches or lighters to check for leaks. In the case of fire, contact your local fire department immediately.
- Do not store your propane tank in any enclosed space, such as your car or truck, as this will expose it to high temperatures.
- If it is your first time grilling this summer, and your tank is feeling less than full, you might be in need of a cylinder exchange.
When it comes to propane grilling, use these simple safety tips before throwing on the first burger or hot dog. For any additional questions or comments, feel free to contact our Dallas propane experts today or schedule propane service online.