Northwest Propane understands that you might be wondering just how safe propane is for the environment. Northwest Propane is happy to educate you on how eco-friendly propane can be. Should you ever have any questions or concerns about Dallas propane, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
The Truth About Propane
You might be surprised to learn that the gas is not only eco-friendly and clean but exceeds the basic requirements for clean fuel when in an unused state. The gas is also non-caustic and non-toxic. You don’t have to worry about it acting as a hazard to the environment if it is spilled into the environment. When spilled in a large quantity, the only damage that it will cause is freezing any plant life or organism that’s in the immediate area. If propane ever spills, there are no extensive environmental effects to worry about. That’s true even for especially large spills near residential areas.
The one danger of propane is a chance that it can ignite in vapor form after a spill occurs. Thankfully, there are no long-term environmental effects to worry about if the gas were ever to catch fire.
Additional facts concerning propane include:
- It isn’t considered to be a greenhouse gas
- Propane doesn’t pose a danger to the ecosystems of saltwater, freshwater or underwater marine or plant life
- Propane will not contaminate drinking water supplies
- The vapor form will not lead to air pollution, nor is it considered a form of air pollution
- It is not harmful if breathed in by humans, birds or animals
If you would like more information about commercial or residential gas or any of our other services, contact Northwest Propane at 800-274-6121 today.